2013年6月4日火曜日

Japanese culture(Yuki Watanabe)

Hi,everyone!
This week's theme is "Japanese cultures", so I'd like to introduce "origami".
"Origami" is Japanese traditional and origin play.
We can make animal, flower, tool and so on by folding paper.
Representative examples are crane, air ball, paper plane, ninja star etc....

We often make these for play, but sometimes for pray.
Do you know "Thousand paper cranes"?
It is made by putting thousand paper cranes together with a line for praying recovery or long life.
It is often used for the person admitted at the hospital.

When I was a kindergarten pupil, I used to make paper plane with my friends and compete whose paper plane would fly far away.
It was soooo exciting for me!!
When I was a high school student, I went to Australia and communicated with local student. I taught how to make paper crane to them and they could make it. Their origami was better than mine.

I think “origami” is not only a play but also a communication tool, because we can communicate to each other when we make it. It’s like exchanging values with others. At this point, “origami” can do that, because each one has a meaning to it.

Therefore, I want to make “origami” when I visit Vietnam even though I’m not good at making it , but still I can make an effort. haha
Thank you for reading.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿